See how we can help you get online.
Scared of technology? Struggling to get online? Are you getting the most out of the internet?
Orbit customers can apply for FREE digital skills support delivered by our partner 'We Are Digital'. The At Home Support service is tailored for Orbit customers who find it difficult to get local digital courses and training.
Doing more online can be a great way of being more independent:
- Keeping in touch with friends and family through Skype and Facebook.
- Ordering groceries online and having them delivered to your door.
We can arrange for an experienced tutor to visit you at home. They can help you develop your online skills such as using emails, online shopping, using social media and staying safe. Please contact us to apply.
This is the link for staff/partners to apply for At Home Support for customers.
Getting online for less
Here are some offers exclusively for you that will help you become digital at home.
Super surfing can help you with the costs involved with getting online. This could be some money towards a new tablet or laptop. Read more on our Grants page.
Getting online for less
Find low cost computers and tablets. Below is a list of providers to get you the best deal:
For refurbished laptops or PCs you can contact
- Tier 1 Online (Tel: 0161 777 1007)
- RePC (Tel: 0121 557 6439) provide a wide range of PCs and laptops at various prices and specifications.
- The Money Saving Expert website and Tech Advisor offer guides to low cost tablets, starting from less than £50.
Phone and Broadband
Make sure that you are getting the cheapest phone and broadband deals by visiting Money Saving Expert.
Staying safe online
In today's digital age most of us have access to the internet whether it’s through our phone, laptop, computer or tablet. Unfortunately, there are things that can sometimes go wrong so it’s really important that we keep ourselves and our loved ones safe online.
Here are five top tips to staying safe online from BBC Webwise;
- It is vital to have a good antivirus software, to keep it up-to- date and to run virus scans frequently
- Use a firewall
- Keep your Wi-Fi network secure with strong password protection.
- Do not click on questionable links
- Do not download potentially dangerous files or programs.
These are trusted websites where you can find out more about internet safety;
Your Orbit account online
- Visit the My Account on the Orbit website to find out how to register and log in. Services available via My Account include:
- Repairs appointment booking
- View your account, including statements of charges and payments
- Make a payment
- Update your details
- Order a new swipe card
If you need help using the Orbit website or My Account, you can use the online chat feature which will connect you to one of our advisers.
You can also make payments from your mobile phone using the allpay app, available for iPhone, Android and Windows phones.
I have a problem online – can you help me?
It's important to know how to stay safe when you're using the internet. When you’re online you should never give out any personal information to people you do not know - no matter who you think you're talking to. Click here for are some tips on being savvy online.